Foothills School Division provides summer school opportunities for Grade 10-12 students. Summer School is a great opportunity for students to catch up, keep up, or get ahead!
2021 Summer School Dates: Friday July 2, 2021 - Friday July 30, 2021
Students wishing to continue their High School learning during the month of July may register for one course within the areas of:
- English Language Arts
- Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, General Science, Physics)
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
What to expect:
- Summer School is online for 2021! Meetings with teachers will be virtually held. In-person learning may be possible by appointment only.
- Courses will be completed using the Moodle Learning Management System for assignments, exams and instructional resources such as instructional videos and Microsoft Teams for video meetings and day to day instruction. To participate in online programming students will need:
- A reliable internet connection.
- A device capable of accessing the internet such as a computer, chrome book, or tablet such as an iPad or Android Tablet.
- A web camera and microphone for video meetings and lessons (your device may already have this built-in).
- A parent supervised quiet space to work.
- Optional Provincial Diploma Examinations are currently scheduled for August 3-11, 2021. Schedules are subject to change by Alberta Education at any time. For up-to-date information related to Diploma Exam dates, please check Alberta Education Diploma Exams.
How to Register:
- Registration closed Friday June 11, 2021.
- You will be prompted to create an Edsembli / Maplewood login before filling out the registration form.
- You will receive a confirmation of enrollment to the email address you provide within 3-5 business days after submitting the registration form.
- A non-refundable fee of $125 will be charged. Payment will be due prior to the start of Summer School on July 2, 2021.
- Summer School is open to non-FSD students as well. Students do not need to be registered in an FSD School in the fall to attend our Summer School Program
Note: HUB Summer Support will be offered to students who need additional time to complete a second term course. Priority will be given to Grade 12 students who require successful completion for graduation. Please contact your High School Principal to coordinate this support.
Contact Cameron Campos, Summer School Principal