The Scholastic Book Fair is here!!! As with all activities being held during COVID 19 pandemic, there are a few guidelines to be followed for students.
Dates: November 2 - 5, 2020
Where: RDL Learning Commons
Times: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Payment Method: Debit or Credit Card, Cash or Cheque (made payable to Foothills School Division)
Health & Safety Guidelines:
- ALL students required MUST wear a mask and sanitize or wash hands before entering the Book Fair. (No exceptions)
- Only students and teachers may view and purchase books in the school
- Students will be required to maintain two (2) meters between each other, as much as possible. The fair will be set up in such a way to accommodate this distance.
- There are NO refunds on purchases. We ask that students make thoughtful choices.
- Only one cohort at a time will be able to access the fair. Teachers and the Learning Commons Facilitator will choose times that make cleaning between cohorts possible
- Students and teachers are encouraged to touch as few books as possible. Any books touched and not purchased will be quarantined for 24 hours.
- Scholastic is offering an online shopping experience that will be open the week of book fair. Extended family members are welcome to use the link as well.
- Here is the online shopping link https://bookfairs-canada.myshopify.com/pages/5136741
- Online purchases are sent directly to your home via Canada Post. Great way to purchase books for gifts!
- Free shipping is available for orders $35 or more.
- Wednesday, November 4th, 2020 from 6 – 8 pm, there will be free shipping with no minimum order.
- Weather permitting the book fair will be moved outside the front doors for parents wanting to purchase directly from the fair. This will be held from 2 – 4 pm on Thursday, November 5th. All parents/shoppers will need to sanitize hands and MUST wear a mask. Notice of this will be posted on the school website and on Instagram @dragonsreader.
Any questions or concerns about these procedures, please contact Mrs. Davies via firstname.lastname@example.org or 403 938 5984.
Thank you for all your support in making learning and reading fun for your children!
WHAT IS A LEARNING COMMONS?
A Learning Commons is a common, or shared, learning space that is both physical and virtual. A Learning Commons supports a student centered approach that emphasizes active and collaborative engagement and encourages the co-creation of knowledge by all learners.